Continuing my overdue Taipei trip post....
Day 2: Taipei 19.01.2011
We overslept, thus we didn't make it for the hotel's breakfast which was till 10.30am. In fact, we didn't make it for the breakfast for our whole stay there. Hehe....
So, breakfast was at 西門町 at around 11+am. But we stopped over at 50嵐, which was just a few metres from the hotel, to get our first cups of bubble tea. Then it was to 繼光香香雞, I had wanted to get it since the night before and I kept spotting it wherever I walk along 西門町! Had our "main course" at 阿忠麵線.





After the heavy breakfast, it was down to 台北車站 area. As usual, it's to 光南大批發. But we didn't spend much time there as it was too squeezy and Gabby couldn't take it (all due to his knee!). Took a rest at the nearby Dunkin Donuts then to K-Mall. Wanted to go to the Taiwan Storyland (台灣故事館) at K-Mall, but it seems like it has closed down? I had always wanted to visit it! But who knows I'm so suay! So, we headed up to Muji which was upstairs instead.




Next stop to Evergreen Maritime Musem at 台大醫院站. It was practically almost empty! I guess it's not such a tourist attraction? Spent 1-2 hrs there then we headed to our last stop for the day, 淡水. Headed directly to get the 黑豬肉香腸 which I craved for ever since my first trip there in 2009! It was so far the best I had! Also had 愛玉 & 炭烤臭豆腐. Didn't want to eat too much as we already planned to have our dinner at 乾杯.





Walked down 淡水老街 to help Gabby's colleague to get the blueberry tea (which we lugged back 10 packs!) and to get the items I wanted along the street. Finally, it's dinner at 乾杯! We totally fell in love with the food! It was delicious! And I had the best & by far the freshest Asahi! -SLURPS- (I'm craving for it as I'm typing!)


awesome view!







the best!

Then it was back to the hotel after that. And Gabby complained of hunger at 10+pm! But he was dead tired due to his knee pain, so I suggested going down to the 7-11 opposite the hotel to get him instant noodles. But when I ventured out alone, I was tempted to walk to 西門町to get him some real food instead. So it was to 西門町 to get 繼光香香雞 & 蔥抓餅 after my shopping at watsons. It was a nice experience to walk alone on the streets of Taipei!
