This will be a very random post..... So, I got the shock of my life when I refilled the hamsters' bowl yst night. I saw with my own eyes Momo giving birth to little hamster babies! This is the most least thing I would expect as we supposingly thought that both the hamsters are females. It's simply freaking shocking! I can still imagine the scene when I saw the little babies wriggling below Momo's adomen. First reaction was to shout "AHHHHAHHHH MOMO GAVE BIRTH! FASTER NEWSPAPER!!" Ok, you might me wondering why I shouted for newspaper, coz according to Pigu (also a hamsters' owner whose hamsters had breed), I've to cover the Mama hamster and the babies as we aren't allowed to look at them else tragedy will happen and have to wait for at least 1 week before removing the paper. I braved through the scary moment and grabbed the Papa hamster out when I called Gabby for help! *ERKS* I was still thinking if I should get a new cage for them, so end up now I do not even need to consider anymore as I need to separate the hamsters when they're weaned. So I got Pigu out after work to shop for the cage at compass point pet shop. Spent ages to decide which cage to get, and I saw a lot of nice ones, but there's no 2nd storey for them. Ended up buying a small, yet pretty cage. But now I regret my decision like hell, and so I've decided to exchange to a bigger one (which I also can't decide earlier on) tmr. I also regretted not going back to Pet Lovers Centre, though their cages are more expensive. =/ Well, still Gotta thanks Pigu for accompanying me! Hehe... Wondering how the little babies and dearest momo are doing now. Hope the babies will manage to survive through!!! Will take a peek at them later on!! Hehe... somewhere too far for us to find. |